Thursday, February 23, 2012

I need a Doctor: Worship

Okay guys, this is a wrap for the Eminem "I need a Doctor" series... Surely you are seeing my point by now, there is so much in this song that needs to be turned to God! And here is the last little bit I've found... That bit not really being little at all...

"It literally feels like a lifetime ago
but I still remember like it was just yesterday though
you walked in...
whole room, cracked jokes...
went through friends, some of them I put on
but they just left, they said they was riding to the death
But where are they now?
now that I need them, I don't see none of them
all I see is Slim
all you fair-weather friends all I need is Him!"

Listen, it's part of life that people turn their backs on you... Sometimes even you will turn your back on yourself.  There are and will continue to be things about yourself that you find disappointment in, things you would like to change but can't seem to get a handle on and even things that make you feel unlovable... "... You can't fix you. If you could, you'd be fixed a long time ago. you need a "doctor".. who can heal your soul." - Kirk Franklin.  Sometimes it will feel like a lifetime ago since you've been able to see daylight but keep going because Jesus is not just a fair-weather friend... When you can't feel Him, see Him or Touch Him it's just because He is working on things for you and quite frankly sometimes He needs to work where you can't see Him because you would mess it up if you tried to help... Just like helping dad in the workshop; sometimes he has to use the saw or welder and there can't be little hands and eyes in the way because it's dangerous. He is still there, getting the job done and protecting you at the same time and God is no different in that respect.  All you really need is Him and He has not yet nor will he ever forsake us!

"All I know is you came to me when I was at my lowest
you picked me up, breathed new life in me
I owe my life to you..."

Isn't that exactly what Jesus did for each and all of us when he died on the cross!?  Rhetorical question! Yes, it is! And when we give our lives over to Him by following the 3 step plan of salvation Peter revealed in the first church service God will meet us where we are at! He will pick us up out of the mess we've created for ourselves and breath new life into us!

"but for the life of me, I don't see why you don't see like I do
but it just dawned on me you lost a son
demons fighting you, it's dark...
I don't think you realize what you mean to me
not the slightest clue
'Cause me and you were like a crew
I was like your sidekick...
But I'm out of options, there's nothing else I can do..."


I don't know why He did it, I don't know why God loves at all... I mean really, I can be pretty horrible sometimes!  I mean God loved us enough, wretched as we all are, to lose His only son for us! He could have stopped it all, the blood of God running out of Jesus' body pouring onto the dirt and people around... But love made Him continue without even the thought of turning back. In fact, He cried out for our forgiveness in the midst of His pain! The fact that Christ died for me even though He didn't have to leaves me with no other option I am willing to consider, I have to say something, do something for Him! So that's what I am doing, I am "Sharing the gift of Life" I spoke about last week and I am going to continually worship Him!

"God, I don't tell you nearly enough what you mean to me! I love that you walk with me and allow this little frame of a feeble human to be the 'sidekick' of God! I can scarcely believe you endured the hours of the Cross just to give me a chance to make a decision to live for you and with you! That's crazy to me, God, I would have never done that! No one I know would endure even one minute of the cross for another human being especially for one that had no connection to them at all! You amaze me and I love you!"

No comments: